Hot Pack for THERMOBOX
During their transport, and in the absence of electricity, it is possible to keep warm dishes using heat accumulators (eutectic plate) to be placed in the insulated containers.
These accumulators are reheated either in the oven or in a bain-marie (NOT microwave) at 85°C for 30 to 35 minutes max.
Most of our accumulators have integrated spacers allowing them to be stacked and thus ensure good heat circulation while the plates are reheating.
We offer 6 sizes of heat packs depending on their utility (see table below).
THERMOBOXES CAN BE SHIPPED TO EUROPE ONLY. THE SHIPPING COSTS ARE FREE FOR ALL ORDERS RELATED TO THESE PRODUCTS OVER € 1,500.
The function of the heat accumulators (hot eutectic plate) is to provide heat to your dishes throughout the duration of their transport. A gel contained in the hot pack stores the heat during its reheating in an oven or water bath in order to restore it gradually over several hours. It is an excellent solution for transporting hot dishes that need to be kept at 63°C in Thermoboxes.
|Mini : 220 x 150 x 20 mm|
|GN 1/4: 265 x 162 x 30 mm|
|GN 1/3: 325 x 175 x 25 mm|
|GN 1/2: 325 x 265 x 25 mm|
|GN 1/1: 530 x 325 x 25 mm||Thermobox GN 1/1 and Frontloader Thermobox GN 1/1|
|All Around : 600 x 400 x 25 mm|
We recommend that you first "pre-heat" your Thermobox with an Hot pack (eutectic plate) before placing your hot dishes in it and starting the delivery. Fifteen to twenty minutes is enough. Idealy replace the plate that was used to "pre-heat" the Thermobox with a new Hot pack before starting the delivery. This good practice will allow you to optimize the heating time of your heat accumulator.
Preferably position your hot pack in the low position in your insulated container (the heat rises).
How to re-heat your eutectic plates in an oven?
A combi or hot air oven can be used to reheat eutectic plates.
NEVER use a microwave oven to heat a eutectic plate.
- Position the eutectic plate horizontally on the metal plate (or GN container) of your oven previously covered with aluminum foil.
- NEVER use the GRILL function of your oven, otherwise you will damage the eutectic plate and your oven. In general, never put a eutectic plate in direct contact with a heat source.
- Oven temperature: 85°C max.
- Duration: 30 to 35 minutes max.
- When removing from the oven, handle the eutectic plate with care. Once hot, the eutectic plate is sensitive to shocks. Always handle the eutectic plate so that the stopper is facing upwards, away from your face.
- To avoid burns, wear gloves.
- Check the general appearance of the eutectic plate before placing it in the iThermobox.
Note: if you wish to reheat several eutectic plates at the same time, make sure that the heat exchange is optimum. Leave a small space between the plates so that the hot air circulates between the plates. Our plates have spacers molded into the plates provided for this purpose. you can therefore stack our eutectic plates in your oven.
How to re-heat your eutectic plate in a water bath?
It is a very effective solution which will avoid monopolizing your combi oven and avoid any risk of alteration of the eutectic plate by direct contact with an excessive heat source (gill oven ...). The ideal is to use a stirred water bath or an immersion heater attached to a GN container.
- Position the eutectic plate(s) in your water bath so that the water circulates correctly between the plates. To optimize the heat transfer we recommend that you place a pastry rack at the bottom of your container and add the eutectic plates on top.
- Water bath temperature: 85°C max.
- Duration: 35 minutes max.
- CAUTION: for the gel on the eutectic plate to reach its optimum temperature for use, the eutectic plate(s) must be immersed in the water bath at the precise moment when the latter has reached 85°C and for 35 minutes.
- When leaving the water bath, handle the eutectic plate with care. Once hot, the eutectic plate is sensitive to shocks. Always handle the eutectic plate so that the stopper is facing upwards, away from your face.
- To avoid burning yourself, wear gloves.
- Check the general appearance of the eutectic plate before placing it in the insulated container.
Care and maintenance
Do NOT wash the eutectic plates in the dishwasher. Prefer washing with lukewarm water and liquid soap.
Thermobox Pizza & Cakes€35.45 €29.79
Thermobox Gastronorm 1/1 from 21 to 61 liters€41.06 €34.50
Thermobox Frontloader 69 liters for GN 1/1, 1/2 and 1/3€166.01 €139.50